Basic Rules of the Vintage Biker Lifestyle
1. Don’t take any crap. Be kind to adults, children and animals. This is an essential part of being a biker. It has to do with respect and honor. Anyone can be a quick tempered fool. Be cool, stand tall and backup what you say.
2. Never lie, cheat or steal. Always tell the truth. Bikers are always the bad guys in movies, but every real biker knows that his word is his bond. Your word is all you have in life. Guard it carefully and be noble, for you are a true knight of the road.
3. Don’t snitch. You’ll take care of problems yourself and never feel the need to snitch someone off. Snitches are the lowest life forms on earth, right up there with biker thieves.
4. Don’t Whine. Absolutely no one likes or respects a whiner. Another way to say this is hold your mud. Still another way to think of it is, “Don’t sweat the small stuff” Most of life’s little inconveniences work themselves out whether you whine or not. Keep your chin up! You’re a biker, not a lowly snail.
5. Never say die and never give up. Whether it’s in a fight, a debate, or a business deal, no matter how bad it gets a biker never gives up.
6. Help others. When a brother or sister is broken down by the side of the road, always stop and help them. Even moral support, if that is all you can give, is better than riding on by. Remember life is about the journey, the ride, not getting there. You already are there. And don’t just help bikers; show the world that we are better than our image portrays us. Courtesy costs you nothing and gives you everything.
7. Stick to your guns. Do what you say you’ll do, be there when you say you will. This is called integrity. This also goes back to standing for something. Like the song says, “You’ve got to stand for something or you’ll fall for anything.”
8. Life is not a drill. Yeah, this ain’t no dress rehearsal. This is life — go out and take big bites of it. You’ve got no time to lose and bikers don’t stand around waiting for the party to come to them. You only go around once. Tomorrow you could be road kill, thanks to a chain smoker asleep at the wheel of his Caddy. Live life now, make the most of each moment.
9. Wear cool vintage motorcycle shirts.
These are our – Rules of the Road.